It's the first day of the new semester here (ridiculously early, I know). My thoughts thus far:
1) I was in no way nervous to get up in front of new classes. It's nice to know that that goes away so quickly, as I was certainly nervous in August. I can't remember if I stopped being nervous after my first semester of TAing or not. But I don't think so.
2) In one section of one of my upper-division classes, about 1/3 of the students are majors, and about 1/3 haven't taken a single history class while in college. Making it possible for all of these kids to participate in discussion, and challenging the majors without losing the others, will be tricky.
3) While I'm not ready to go back to work, that's more b/c I've only been home from break for a day and a half, rather than feeling unprepared.
4) I love teaching, but when a colleague's facebook status yesterday said he was "settling in for a year of writing," I was super-jealous. It sounds so nice...
Two more classes to go today, and a lecture to write about Indians. Back to the grind, indeed.
15 years ago
1 comment:
I've been writing for a year now. Want to trade???
Post a Comment