Friday, February 27, 2009

Staying the Course

Haven't posted in a while, largely 'cause nothing's going on. I am in the midst of midterm blue-book hell (40 down, 55 to go over the course of the next week). The computer in my office continues to be achingly slow at times, and has picked up the added trick of sometimes not seeing its printer. Inevitably, this happens (as it did this morning) when I'm trying to print off discussion questions or a lecture before my 8am or 9am class. Such fun.

The only piece of news is that it's looking about 95% certain that I'll be at my current job for another year. I haven't heard one way or the other from the job I interviewed for early in the month, but they told me when I was there that they'd make their decision last week. Since I haven't heard from them, I clearly wasn't their first choice. May still get an offer if that choice turns them down, but with the academic job market being even worse than usual right now, I can't imagine anyone turning them down.

No comments: