...that my first week wouldn't go off without a hitch. I just gave a total clunker of a lecture in my upper-division lecture class. I wrote it several weeks ago, and hadn't looked over it at all since then, which is really my own fault. But it was bad - disorganized, not engaging, just bad. Hopefully not too many of them will drop. I'll get better, I promise! My survey lectures have been great! Also, nothing kills your motivation to go write another lecture like giving a bad one. Another reason why I need to give good lectures - I have too much to do this semester to waste a lot of time!
Also, I have a student named Mason Dixon. Classic.
15 years ago
3 comments:
Don't worry, everyone gives a crappy lecture once in a while. Just wait until you give one of your most profound lectures ever and they still tune out. I had that happen once at a review session, and I nearly threw an eraser at a kid.
It's good to get the first clunker out of the way early, right?
I can't believe you've already started. It's insane!
Ha ha, Mason Dixon. I have a Diamond, Tyriq, Najah, Nashiem, Zesha this year. Along with Ryan. One of these thing is NOT like the others....
Post a Comment