Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random Updates

Things are plugging along pretty steadily here. There are only 5 weeks of instruction left this semester, since we get the whole week of Thanksgiving off. That's exciting, although I feel like I've hit a stride with these classes and don't necessarily want to start all over again, thank you.
Since there's nothing terribly new on the job front, I figured I'd share a couple of random updates from my life:
1. I have started to jog. Not a lot, mind you. But I did 7 blocks yesterday in the middle of Ross & I's daily walk, which is pretty impressive seeing as how I was doing 0 blocks just a few weeks ago. I'm actually enjoying it, and am quite proud of myself.
2. Much to my delight, I have discovered that listening to music with words is not too distracting while writing lectures. I knew there were certain CDs that I could listen to while I was writing my dissertation - key among them Beck's Sea Change album and the Be Good Tanyas. But I hadn't risked it while working on lectures at my office, largely b/c neither my iTunes library nor my CDs are here. But yesterday I tried to write while listening to the online broadcast of my favorite radio station from c'ville, and it worked! To have new music in the mix and to have NRN (the radio station) back in my life on a regualr basis are both very happy things.

No comments: